Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We are still, still here

We are here. J and I took a quick trip to WI with my parents for a family wedding. A and T stayed here to hold down the fort, work and finish a deck. We got back and hit the ground running.

J and I had a good time in WI. We got to fish in my uncle's pond and caught some big (big to us) fish which my mom fried up the next day. Good stuff. We also got kringle, chocolate cheese, and cheese curds. Yummy.

I got to see some family members. The wedding was beautiful. J got to skip the wedding reception and have a Luau party at my cousin's house with her kids and some other cousins, thanks to their grandma. Thanks Grandma S and Grandpa H!

J got on the bus Monday morning to go to camp. I could tell he was nervous and excited. This is huge for all of us. That he would ask to go to camp and spend his time away from us really something. He has not wanted to be away at all so far and T and I have only had short spurts of time alone together since J came home nearly 2 years ago. The first (and only so far) report I got was that he was having a good time. He met up with a buddy from school and since the son of the lady who watches him in the summer had to come home from camp sick on the first day (poor M!) I'm glad J found his friend from school.  I also have another friend who went as a volunteer so she is watching out for him too.

T and I have enjoyed our time together so far. A is here but she is gone a lot. We both worked Monday and Tuesday but the evenings have been nice. We listened to a special speaker at church last night and he was so funny. We really enjoyed him.

Diesel has a nasty upper respiratory infection. He sounds awful! But it hasn't slowed him down much so he must not feel too bad. He just can't breathe. This is his second URI in only 4 months of life. I hope and pray he's not prone to them and that this is just a fluke. I feel bad for him.

I will post pics of the trip and the deck when I have more time. I have no idea when that will be. I'm off to shop between raindrops!

No comments: