Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer mode

Well, we are officially in summer mode. School is out. It's hot, hot, hot. Daily dips in the pool are a must and anytime we can get to the lake is a bonus.

We made our first trip to the lake yesterday. We all got a little sunburned (except J-;) ) but not too bad. A pretty much got the hang of skiing. She tried several times last summer but she actually got the feel for it yesterday. Her boyfriend tried it for the first time and did very well. He's so funny but he always pulled up on the rope and then fell backwards. His first hard fall he said, "Oh, I feel the 'g-string force' of that one!" and the second time he fell he said, "I'm afraid to poot!"

The lake was great. The waterfall was gorgeous. The boat ran. We skied and tubed and swam. My family wouldn't let me ski but I ended up hurting my wrist trying to save my dad's boat from hitting the dock. What was he thinking? I was just reacting. The boat was saved and my wrist is ok. But I'm going to try skiing next time.

The pool was opened the latest that we've ever opened it but it was very clean and it's been so hot that we pretty much got right in. That doesn't happen very often. Woot!

J's baseball team are neck in neck with another team. They have each won 4 games against each other so now they have another "play off" game tomorrow night. Diesel is supposed to be nuetered tomorrow and I work. T will do what he can to help pull all that off and we still have great child care in place this summer thanks to Mrs. G. That always helps.

J is planning on going to camp for a week in June. We are all very excited about that.

A is thoroughly enjoying her job and loves to work. If she loves to work, can anyone explain her room to me then? We are still trying to get all her college stuff lined up. Sigh...she had dual enrollment so we have to get those credits to transfer plus her transcripts.

T is working today because of some server issues. Sigh...he still hasn't gotten Elvis running for A either. Or the deck done nor the patio. Think he's feeling a bit stressed?

I've been watering my tomato plants every morning along with the flowers by the house. Yep. Hot, baseball, pools, the lake, watering plants. We are definitely in summer mode.

No comments: