Saturday, February 19, 2011

The week that was

I'm glad this was the "week that was" because we've had a rough week. I had a sore throat last Sat., Sun. and Mon. and then Monday eve my head stopped up. I dealt with that all week and then last night my throat started hurting again. Sigh...

I went to the doc yesterday but it was for my wrist. I've had a ganglion cyst on the inside of my left wrist for several years now. All of a sudden it has gotten a little larger and started causing symptoms. I'll be tested for carpal tunnel syndrome in a couple weeks and we'll go from there.

J threw a fit at school Wed. and refused to do his English proficiency testing. He knew it was coming and yet when he asked for help on the words and she couldn't help him, he refused to do it. He seemed to think that he was going to fail 6th grade if he didn't do well and he was mad that the teacher couldn't help him. He was "grounded" when he got home and that didn't go well either. He raged about multiple things and threw his stuff out of his room and threw away his basketball trophy and a few other things. I told him I thought he'd be sad later on that he had thrown those things away and later on he pulled them out of the trash can. I'm so tired of rewind, click, play. Rewind, click, play. If he's not lying, he's wetting the bed. If he's not wetting the bed he's contradicting us. If he's not contradicting he's throwing a fit or any combination of the above.

He's better today and actually stayed over night at the neighbors. We did not get a call in the middle of the night so I guess that's good. He was nervous about his bedwetting but willing to give it a try. His friend, K, is staying at our house tonight so he can go to church with us tomorrow.

T has had a rough week with his back. He was helping my dad with a water line (which is still leaking) and turned wrong. He must have pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve because he is walking like John Wayne with a load in his pants.

I think A is okay other than the fact that she still doesn't have a job. T put a new belt on Elvis (the car A drives) so maybe she won't get stared at and laughed at when she starts him up now. I have no idea if it helped or not but we shall see.

Some friends and I are going to CO this week to see R and JT. Happy Birthday today, JT! We are all looking forward to the trip. I hope and pray it's a good one.

Ok, it's been a while since I've posted pix so I figured I better post some. A couple weeks ago I painted a chair and brought it in to finish drying but not before Dexter rubbed up against it.
Goofy cat!

T and I recently found Misty in the bed with A.

One of our last snows. I love this pic.


"A river runs through it". But only when it rains a lot.

It was the kind of snow that sticks to everything.

Behind the house.

And beside the house.



Misty loves to lay with her body on the entertainment center and her head in the window sill.



And her belly jells down in between.

She has so much "belly jelly" that you can loose your finger in it. See? We love our Misty.

I had a jewelry party to benefit the artisans at The Apparent Project. Check them out under "blogs I read". A lot of people couldn't come but those who did had a good time. I decorated the house the way Haitians decorate, with cheetos in fruit, paper cut-outs, paper plates, etc. We at little pates, sweet potato pudding, mango coffee cake and fruit. We played a couple of silly games, watched the dvd from Apparent Project and looked at the jewelry.

A's 18th birthday was last week. I made a heart cake because it's so close to Valentine's day. She put a three and fifteen little candles on it. We had lunch at a hibachi grill the next day. I think I already blogged about that.

J has a science project to do. I think he thought he was supposed to make an invention because he had some crazy ideas about what to do. I finally asked him if he thought cheese in the fridge or out of the fridge would mold faster. He thought the cheese out of the fridge would mold faster. I pointed out that that was a hypothesis and that he could do that for a science project. He was thrilled. He was really thrilled when he got mold on his out of the fridge cheese a few days later.

Mmmm. Nothing like moldy cheese to bring out the joy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love all the outdoor pics---gorgeous!

"Rewind, play, click" etc. describes it perfectly! Please make sure that you are taking time out for yourself in the midst of your Groundhog's Day :)