Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's Tuesday morning...

...and we have a medical certificate. I don't know when things will go to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) but will keep you posted as I hear any news. We did the birth parent interview in June of '07 and I've been in regular contact with DHS since then to ask for extensions (which they've always graciously given) and to keep them updated on our file but I don't know for sure if they will ask for any other paperwork or DNA testing. We'll see.

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

Praising God with you that one more thing is done. I will continue to pray. Keep us posted.

Chapter Two said...

Yeah! By the way, I learned when in the same spot that the Embassy was prioritizing scheduling of visa appointments based on whether all things (medical being last) were in order...and we found a compassionate soul to care about us. You may have already done so, but you can call and let them know you got the medical and passport and ask if you can schedule your Visa appointment. It sounds like you already have I600 approval.
Just thoughts!
Very happy for you!