Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th

Update; we still have no passport. The passport office requested another paper and the O worker turned it in to them and they said to check next week. So discouraging.

Happy 4th of July, happy Independence day, whichever you prefer. We had a party last night and we are going camping next week so today will mostly consist of preparing the camper, though we may go to the drive-in this evening. We'll see. Speaking of the camper here she is in her finished glory. Didn't T do a good job?
You know how we name our vehicles? When we were driving home with the camper I was thinking about names. I thought of "Tawanda" first but T said we were not naming it that. Hmmm. Then I thought of "Miss Daisy" because we were "Driving Miss Daisy" (hey, I don't know. That's just how my mind works). Then I thought about the feather on the logo and thought of Native American names. I guy I used to work with referred to Sacajawea as Sacajemima and I thought it would be fun to call it that. T said he would never remember that. Then we were riding down the road and I said, "Let's call it Ruth! 'Whither thou goest, I goest.'" I thought that was brilliant. None of the names has really stuck yet though. What do you think we should call it?
No picture post would be complete without pet pics. Here is R trimming Choji's nails.

Misty loves to sleep half in the window and half on the entertainment center. Her belly jells down between the two.

She also loves to lay on the steps. She has one in particular that she likes the most.



She wants to know why we are pointing that thing in her face and making flashy lights in her eyes. Oh the things she has to put up with.
Here is Choji again but this time he's winking at us.

And a couple of pics from last night's party. This didn't turn out very well but I liked the way my mom's red, white and blue lights showed up in the dark. It's better on the big pic.Not the best pic but T and R's boyfriend set off a nice little fireworks show.
No passport yet that we know of. It's been 46 months since beginning the paper chase. Keep praying.

2 comments:

Danielsen5 said...

So glad our RV came with a name already, Winnie, as in Mini Winnie (for Winnebego),

Hey, we will be at the drive in tonight also. Small world huh? Err maybe just a small county? LOL

Happy fourth - Beth

Dawn said...

Hey, stopping in from your comment on my blog. Wow..you guys have had a very long, hard wait too the way it sounds! SO sorry! I read back a way in your blog and I think the first paragraph on your June 24 post nailed exactly how I feel.

I'm going to keep stopping in here and praying that you guys get GOOD news and soon!!!!

dawn:)