Monday, April 27, 2009

Nothing new under the moon

We have heard nothing about the adoption process. We have no idea if the papers were received Friday or not. I think it's sort of ironic that my first post this month was titled "Pessimistically optimistic". That was when we were told that the papers for the extra step were finished. Ha! Here we are nearly a month later and still waiting on corrections for those papers. I'm not pessimistically optimistic any more. Now I'm just kind of pessimistic again, or leaning that way. Sigh...pray for us, please.

Some big decisions are going on in our lives and those we love. Keep us in prayer, please.

I'm teaching abstinence again tomorrow. We're covering puberty for 6th grade and STD's for 7th and 8th. Woo hoo. I love it when those classes are over. Pray for me, please?

Stellan ( http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ ) has been released from the Boston hospital. Good for him. Baby Rose Shirley was released from the hospital as there was nothing more they could do for her. Not so good for her. Please pray for both of these babies.

That's a lot of prayer requests. Not exactly what I had intended but that's how it came out.

Friday evening R's bf went outside and stood under the light and this moth landed on his arm.
He kept saying that it was biting him or laying eggs on his arm and I told him that he was going to turn into Mothman, like Spiderman. He was like, oh that would be cool except people would probably touch his wings and knock the dust off and he wouldn't be able to fly. Yeah, whatever.

I feel like I should do a thankful list. I haven't done one in a while. Let's see, I'm still thankful for dark chocolate (have I mentioned that before?). I'm thankful for jobs. All 4 of us have some sort of job and that's very good at this point in time. I'm thankful that we're all relatively healthy. I'm thankful for the weather we've been having. I'm thankful for a hair from J's head that I found this morning embedded in my clothes that I wore while I was in Haiti. It was a little piece of my boy and I was thankful.

No comments: