Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

Well, this was our 4th Easter without J here. The first one I thought, maybe next year. The second one I thought, surely next year. The third one I thought, this is the last one without J here. Not long after that I stopped thinking, surely next year. I just don't do it anymore. It hurts a lot less that way. This year I thought, I wonder if J will ever be here to celebrate a holiday with us. Will he ever get to color Easter eggs with us? Will he ever get to hold sparklers on the 4th of July? Will he ever get to see what's in his stocking? Will he ever get to have Christmas with us? Only God knows the answer to that, and He's not telling.

We were thankful to be able to have our Sunday service in our church building. I'm still trying to get a few pics of the storm damage to the church. I'll post them when I get them.

A and her friend colored eggs. I'm glad that they still like to do that at 15/16 years old. They are fun kids. I hope they'll still like to do it if J ever gets home. A kept making funny faces and probably won't like this pic, but here it is.
This is their finished product. We had a "traditional" color kit and a "tie dye" kit.

I put together little Easter buckets for the girls. A knew right away which one was hers. She is the pink flowers and R is the green stripes.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter time. He is risen. He is risen indeed!

1 comment:

bringhaitihome said...

I just read your blog abt Easter without J -- we are adopting for His Home too and aren't nearly as far along as you but I can feel that same pain as you do and I wonder if I will make it for 43 months like this. How have you done it? This is much harder than I thought it would be.