Friday, February 6, 2009

Pics

Ok, here are some more pics from the trip. I've been uploading for a while now. I went to work yesterday and it felt strange, like I didn't belong there and at the same time, like I'd never left. Weird. Anyway, this is J with the daughter of the people whose wedding I attended in July '06. She's a cutie and J is really good with little kids.

Here is a typical Haitian fishing boat.

This is a picture that J drew in the dirt. I think he said she was the lightning queen-or something like that.
The cook for the 3rd and 4th teams that were at T's parents while I was there gave J and A each a rusty pan. He made a flower box out of his. He has an eye for beauty.

J and A played on the bikes every day. Sometimes they each rode one and sometimes they played "taxi" and he took her places. I think she is running to jump on here.

A friend from my dad's team sent J these K'nex. Thanks CN!

Oh, boys and puppies just go together don't they? When she first handed the puppy to A we all thought it was a stuffed animal. J kept saying he thought it was a teddy bear. Aren't they cute?

Playing "taxi" with the puppy.

This is overlooking Cap Haitian from the Mont Joli. We had dinner with a team up there and enjoyed it very much.



Some Haitian fishing boats from the Mont Joli.

J got to go swimming at the Mont Joli with one of the team members.

T's parents got a container the day we left. Here they are getting ready for the container by clearing out the storage containers.

T's parent's dog had puppies while we were there. A kept saying that she was going to have 5, which she did, but one died.

After the plants in his planter died, J used the pan to make this cross and decorated it with flowers. He made it in the driveway though and it didn't last.


J loved anything to do with cooking. He made himself 3 scrambled eggs at some time every day. Here he is making brownies.

On the way back to PAP we stopped at Pignon, which has a grass airstrip. That was my first time on a grass airstrip.

We also flew right by the Citadel.

Here is J at the O with some of the other kids. Whatever he did, the other boys did.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

Beautiful pictures! J looks like a very creative and active boy. I can't wait for him to be home with you. I pray for you all the time. I often cry at songs and stories as they make me think of you. Keep us posted as we continue to pray for the Lord to bring J home to you soon.