Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th, hmmm

Another Friday has come and no news about the adoption process. Sigh...I won't tell you how sick I am of it because you've heard it all before. I guess God has a plan but there is also a human factor involved. Sometimes it feels like the kid will never come home. T says, another "black Friday", where we don't get any news. All we know is that our file is in MOI and that they added a step to the process while I was in Haiti.

Both my brother and my daughter had birthdays this week. My brother is older. When we were kids that wasn't necessarily so great but now that we're older, I think it's pretty nice that he's older than me. My baby turned 16. Zoiks! Where did the time go? J was looking at pics of her when I was in Haiti and he'd say, "This is my sister. She is beeaauuutiful." We think so too.

I had my birthday before I went to Haiti. R and her bf gave me a new guitar strap. I had my old one for years and it had cracked and had a sharp place on it. This new one is soft and supple, and it's my favorite color.

A made a cake for me on my birthday. She did a pretty good job.

R made a cake for A's birthday. She called me at work and said, "You're gonna laugh at my cake. It kind of fell apart and I decided to make it a cat. The frosting is weird though. And I spilled powdered sugar everywhere." That's T's child, LOL.
She is beautiful, isn't she?

The cats were busy doing funny things again today. Sanomae was in the laundry pile. Are you surprised? Dexter and Misty were looking at each other through the living room window. I love this pic. I like the way his eyes look and the way her tail is curled.

A took this one of Misty on the railing.

And Dexter can't get the treats out of his mind. He sits and stares at the door unless it's open. Then he sits and stares at the treats and looks longingly at them and hopefully at anyone who passes by him.

He was actually rubbing his face on the treat box. Goofy cat.

Please pray for some good adoption news. We need it. Thanks.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

I didn't realize you had a birthday recently, so Happy Belated Birthday! The cakes looked good. We laughed at the cat cake (it was cute). Your cats crack me up, or at least the way you tell the stories about them cracks me up. I prayed for you on my way to work this morning and then again at work and on my way home. Please remember that I am one of your prayer warriors and I haven't given up on praying J home.