Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jog

I made it home last night around 9:30. Flights and airports were okay. I'm glad to be home. I still have too much in my head to process right now.

My hot shower last night was very nice. I woke up in the night trying to figure out where I was and what was in the bed with me. I finally figured out that it was T but not before I tried to push him away. He was on my side. The blankets felt heavy after only using a sheet for so long. And this morning I woke up because it was too quiet. There were no roosters crowing or babies crying or kids yelling. There was no generator hum. And T had gotten up to take A to school so there was no CPAP hum either.

The Livesay children were very entertaining. Hope likes to talk and every time we were "erupted" (interupted) she would say, "Now, where were we," and never miss a beat. She also informed me that Peanut the dog "sweats hair on you" when you pet her. Yeah, that's one way to put it.

I will get around to posting pics someday soon. I've been doing laundry all day. And now I must go make cookies. A tried but said they're just not the same as mine. Hmmm. She told me that my cookie customers will be glad I'm home too.

Please pray for the adoption to move forward quickly. It was heart-breaking to say good bye again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I looked at your pics. Very good!!!

love you, Sally:)