Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wow, mid-February already?!

I was talking to our pastor's twin sons, who just turned 12 in December I think, and they were telling me that they were going to be 13 on their next birthday. And that they wouldn't be "kids anymore-we're going to be teenagers!" I was exclaiming with them about where has the time gone and one of them said, "I know, don't you just want to slap yourself? It's crazy how time is going so fast." Ha! Cracked me up! I was thinking, honey if you think it 's going fast now just wait 'til you're my age!

I remember as each of our kids went from the time of their lives where time just dragged by to where it started picking up and they noticed it to where it's just flying by. I noticed it the most in J as he went from waiting for 4 years to have a family, in a country that moves painfully slow, right into the rush that is the US way of life. He used to marvel at how fast time goes by in America.

It's funny, he was a "slave to the clock" when he first got here. He had to know ahead of time, what time any event in his life was going to take place. If it varied by even a few minutes he had a tendency to come unglued. Once we figured out that it was a sense of security for him we tried harder to make things happen on the clock and to prepare him better for any variance. He's a lot more easy going now but still does better when things happen on time.

All that to say, holy crap it's the middle of February already?!? And I have one less teenager this week than I did last week. Happy birthday A! You are 20! How in the world did that happen? Doesn't it make you want to slap yourself? It's just crazy. (Ha!) You are a beautiful young woman. An ambitious person. You are setting your sights and going after it. We love you dearly.

No comments: