Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Some random sentences

JT has been going on a lot of missions. Please pray for him.

R is safe even though she is painfully close to the fires in CO. She has remained ready to evacuate but was always just outside the evac areas. The bears are bothersome as they have been evacuated from their homes too and are looking for something to eat. R and Skylar would resemble an appetizer and main course to a bear. Please pray for her too.

It hasn't rained much if any in a month now. Everything is dried up and the grass is brown and crunchy. Add the heat to that and it's been miserable. We had a week of temps over 100.

J is changing his room around and singing "Feliz Navidad". He's so silly. Now he's on to a made up song about baseball. Must've come across his baseball stuff.

I've applied to school and I've been accepted. I can't tell what the next step is for sure but will work on it again today.

I'm wearing the wrist brace again in an effort to figure out if it's the varicose veins or the tendonitis that's bothering me the most. I'm thinking it's the tendonitis. Wearing the brace feels really good for my wrist.

We've been watching "Deep Space Nine" on netflix. J is really into it right now. He was telling us he wanted to watch "dat franky show". When we questioned further because we didn't know what he meant he said, "You know. Dat show wif de guys wif de big ears." T and I looked at each other. Ferengi's! Of course!

We went to a Haitian Adoption get-together in a nearby town. Loved it! There is such a bond with others who have walked the same path.

Fireworks have been banned in our town. The city is still putting on a show but personal fireworks are not allowed. I wish they would ban them in the county too. It's just too dry to be safe.

J's hair needs to be twisted. Again.

We have had multitudes of daddy long-legs spiders, or grand-daddy long-legs, depending on where you're from. They are a nuisance. Gobs of them. 30-50 of them in a huge, hairy-looking, ugly ball. They hang around the door and fall on you when you walk out. Gives us the heeby-jeeby's.

I'm thankful for a pool in the front/side yard. And I'm thankful for AC and that God created whoever came up with AC.

My sunburn from our weekend at the lake peeled. I am no longer snake-like and still have a little color to show for it. I'm so buying a long-sleeved swim shirt to wear at the lake though.

I put flea treatment on the dogs this morning. They can barely walk for stopping to scratch. Poor things.

Diesel is still dealing with allergies and now it's the congested kind. He's "rattly" and snotty. For a cat. He's on allergy meds and antibiotics. Again.

Well, I must get back to the laundry. It just won't wash and dry itself. Sigh...

No comments: