Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympics, back to school and other things...

We are having a good time watching the summer olympics. Well, J and I are. T is not interested and A is never here. It's been fun to watch them through J's eyes. He's only been home  for just under 3 years so it's his first time really watching them. Everything he watches, he says, "I want to do dat! I want to be in de olympics!" He gives me a play by play if I'm not in the room. This morning he turned it on and said, "Dey are playing beach volleyball in de pool."

My friend K and I developed our own olympic event. Syncronized noodles.


J registers for school on Friday. I'm loving summer and feel like it's much too early to go back but he's ready. He has not liked staying home alone this summer and is looking forward to seeing his friends every day. A is all signed up and ready to be a sophomore in college. I started my schooling yesterday. T is gearing up for back to school too. Inservice starts tomorrow so they are getting all the tech stuff ready for that.

Please take a minute to go to http://www.realhopeforhaiti.org/ and take a look at what this ministry is doing. They update Jn Edward, who captured my heart a while back. And now Sequam and Saint Vique have captured my heart as well. The ministry that they are providing to the people in and around Cazale, Haiti is outstanding.

Speaking of Haiti, my dad is there now. My mom has gotten reports that all things are going well and it's a good team of people. He will fly back to the states on Thur and be home sometime on Friday, Lord willing.

Please keep JT in your prayers as he is in Afghanistan. He is doing ok but is very tired. All of them are tired.

R plans to move her horse, Bridget, from here to CO. She hired a company to move her and they should pick her up the end of this week. We will miss Bridget as she has a lot of personality. For a horse.

Well, I think that's all the updates for now.

No comments: