Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Some phone pics

Well, I did it. I hit the pay button which officially enrolled me in school. It's online through West Coast Bible College. The course is a bachelors in Biblical counseling. I can start soon.

I'm still frustrated with my wrist. It's not working well and the doc who did the surgery last year says it's the veins and the vein doc says it's the tendons. Sigh...

We had a lot of heat here and not much rain but it finally rained a bit and cooled off. We were able to spend the day Sunday afternoon at the lake. The weather was great and we all enjoyed it. My dad had taken J and P out Saturday and they fished and slept in the boat. P and J had wet beds from the rain but dad had his bedding in trash bags so his was dry. They had fun anyway and caught some fish. T, A and I joined them Sunday afternoon and A water skied again. Then we anchored and swam and then we went to the place where they had been catching fish and did some more fishing. Good times.

Here are some phone pics, backing up to just before July 4th. Diesel is still very needy at times even though he LOVES outdoors and spends most of his time outside. He is content to be a little "Grizzly Adams" type cat and would live off the land if he could just catch some birds. I have taken to calling him "Grizzly Catams". Either way he's just too cute when he's cuddly.

Or when he's sleeping with his mouth open.

Snapped this pic on the way home from a Haitian adoption get together. We had a nice time and met some very nice people.

Here is Diesel checking out the cover on the boat.

He reports that everything is in good shape.

J with a silly face...

...and a handsome grin.

We had some fireworks here locally. I was surprised that they still had the show since it hadn't rained yet at this point. But they had the fire dept right there and all was well.



Last week we finally got some rain. It was much needed. J and I went out for a walk one evening after a beautiful rain. The sky was gorgeous!







It's a good thing it rained because all that was growing in the pasture was cactus plants.

We actually had to buy hay for the horses because there just wasn't anything for them to eat. They seemed happy for the rain too.

Misty is still fat and sassy as ever.

Can you see the rainbow?

After a month or more of no rain we had a week or so of rain. This is the pic I took Sat. We had a storm last night too.

Well, I guess that catches things up for now.

No comments: