Saturday, April 28, 2012

Silver, downsizing, simplifying and schooling

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. We have been so busy. T and I celebrated our Silver Wedding anniversary. 25 years! The best, worst, loveliest and hardest years. Love you, T!!

I've been hearing about a lot of people downsizing and simplifying their lives. Without setting out to do that we have come to the point in our lives where we are doing that. It was a combination of things that led to it but we find ourselves downsizing. It started because I've had a niggling to go back to school but had no idea how we could make that work. And after about 11 years of driving a minivan, I'm sick of driving a minivan and wanted a smaller SUV. We started talking about our camper and how the truck we have to pull it with uses so much gas. Was it really worth it to have a truck to pull a camper that we only used once or twice a year? Especially when that truck uses so much gas on a daily basis? So we wondered if we could get by with a pop up because we thought we might actually use it if we had the money to pull it somewhere. We looked at a few and decided we could, so the camper is sold.

T is willing to part with his truck in order to downsize our lives, live more affordably and let me have the money to go to school. Did I just mention how much I love this guy?! We are all kind of sad about selling the truck. It sounds so stinking good! And we like it. And it has so much power! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! But, as of this weekend it will be up for sale. Sniff, sniff. And then we will be looking for a pop up because T already has a jeep to replace the truck.

We are looking forward to a new chapter in our lives. We have one daughter grown and married, one in college and a son still in grade school. We only need the van occasionally and I really am tired of driving one but I really do like it too. We are feeling pulled but ready to move forward. And I'm excited about school. I haven't made a decision on that one for sure yet but I feel like I've gotten some good information and good direction.

And now some pics! This is a blurry pic, I know, but it's so funny 'cause Misty was just chillaxin. Get it? She's in the cooler. Oh, funny story. We were going down the road the other day and all of a sudden T pulled over. I asked what he was doing and he said there was a perfectly good cooler on the side of the road and he was turning around to get it. It's a great cooler. Will be perfect with our pop up. Where ever it is.

Oh, another new thing. I'm going to have lamp parts and such at the store where I work. I made this lamp out of an old jug I had. Isn't it cute? T said we are keeping it and selling the old lamp. Ha!

We had to do a few things to get the camper ready to sell and Diesel, being all boy, had to climb up on the roof to "help" daddy.

All this stuff, which is now in the office/music room, came out of the camper. I had no idea all this stuff was in there. T said, "That ain't all goin' in a pop up." Guess we have to downsize the camper stuff too.

These pics got out of sequence but here is Diesel climbing down the ladder. He is not afraid of anything. Except cars. Thankfully he's afraid of cars.

King of the camper!

How about you? Are you downsizing, simplifying, or making changes in your life?

1 comment:

Kelly Bartlett said...

Good luck with all your downsizing and with going back to school! What do you dream of being when you grow up?

I have downsizing our "stuff" around the house. It feels so good to unclutter. So much easier to see what I have when there is less of it.