Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Odds and ends

We have been busy as usual. J's birthday had a whole 5 days of celebrating, about every other day or so. This is one of the cakes I made for him. We had it on Friday at some friends' house while we were also saying good-bye to a young man who is going to marine boot camp next week.

Then we took J and a friend roller-skating on Sun. That was interesting. J didn't fall much. He kept using his rubber toe stopper to push off with until we got him swaying a pushing off from one foot to the other. He mostly uses his right foot to push off and then kicks it up and out in a funny way. We have no idea where that came from but it's funny to watch.

Then last night we were celebrating my aunt's engagement. Congrats S and L! We also sang to J again and had another cake.

Fibro is still kicking my butt, but I'm a bit better each day. We (doc and I) decided to go back on the doxycycline for a while and see if it will help the "fibro flu" any. It takes time for it to have an effect. I'm still taking the magnesium and malic acid supplement and wouldn't want to be without it.

A is always up early either heading to school or work. I managed to make the kids pancakes this morning. I haven't done that in a while. T got her car going again. It was so funny because he changed the transmission in it and then he was able to get it to go forward and reverse but somehow the steering wheel got unhooked so it turned freely. He had to pull something out and reattach the wheel. That's what happens when a dyslexic computer geek fixes the car. You can get where you're going as long as where you're going is straight ahead!

A's boyfriend saw some flowers when they came into the store where he works. He thought they were pretty so he bought her some. When he unwrapped them he decided that maybe it was the wrapping that made them look so pretty. He's so funny. Well, sometimes he's a pain-like when he updates your FB status with untrue and unbecoming things. But back to the flowers. A likes them and we all think they're pretty even without the wrapping.

Diesel still loves outside. He didn't get real big but he may still grow some more. He's only about 7 months old. He wears himself out outside every day and then he comes in the house after dark and passes out after cuddling up under my chin and drooling on my neck. Here he is sleeping on the back of the chair.

I'm fairly short. I have some pretty tall friends. One friend says I'm not short, that I'm fun sized. Thanks K! So I got some fun size m&m's.

Oh, back to Diesel asleep in my arms. Don't you wish you could sleep like that?

And this is my better pic of the spider web on the fence. That's a leaf in the upper left, not a spider. I thought it looked pretty and this was one of many that morning.

We have a meeting at school today to try to figure out how to encourage J to do his schoolwork on his own and pay attention in class. He understands threats but we don't want to do that. His work needs to be ESL modified but he thinks he has to have one on one to be able to do the work. The most frequent words out of his mouth regarding school work are, I need help. I forgot. and I don't understand. He doesn't even try before he says one of those things. Maybe we've helped him too much and made him dependent on it. Just trying to figure out what might motivate him.

We've had some gorgeous days and cool nights here lately. Def feels like fall.

I'm leading music this Sunday and then I'm planning on taking a break for about a month. We shall see.

My house looks pretty good after cleaning it up for our little party last night. We tried another Door County Fish Boil. One of these days we're going to perfect that thing. If we could only get all the right ingredients at one time.

Those are my odds and ends for today.

No comments: