Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer

We are still here. Lots going on but not a lot going on, if you know what I mean.

The boat is out of commission for now. The gears in the outdrive are messed up. It's sad because we have enjoyed it so much and now we don't have much for resources for repairing it. Sigh...

T and I ate tomatoes from the garden this evening, straight off the vine. Heavenly! And then we went in the pool. Also heavenly! We are thankful. Would that be considered a thankful list? And I'm thankful for chocolate too. Have I ever mentioned that?

I walked on the treadmill this evening. It's in a new spot in the office/music room and now you can see the tv in the living room from the treadmill. Might be a good thing for getting T on it. I usually read while I walk. I feel fat. But that didn't stop me from eating a piece of kringle. Love that stuff. I just took the last of it from our trip to WI out of  the freezer.

A friend told me a story this afternoon about being bit by a possum. She picked it up by the tail and it swung around and bit her hand. What was she thinking? The story involves said possum flying involuntarily across their yard. Again I say, what was she thinking?! She did not get rabies shots but she did nearly pass out. I told her if she ever bites me or starts foaming at the mouth we are both getting rabies shots.

We have a huge number of lightning bugs/fireflies around here this year. Am loving them. One got into the house a couple weeks ago and was flying around the living room in the dark while we watched a movie. Too funny.

In an effort to show his congregation the meaning of "koinonia" our pastor and his family held a surprise lunch today. He was only about 15 minutes into his sermon when he invited all of us downstairs for lunch. That was church. How cool is that?! We were instructed to sit next to someone we didn't know well and get to know them better. At our table we talked about tires and being stopped by the police. You know, deeply spiritual and "get to know you" stuff like that. I wonder if we're going to have an extra long sermon next week?

Ah, summer.

No comments: