Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lost in translation

J continues to crack us up with his (mis)understanding of the English language. Here are a few "J-isms".

Singing at the top of his voice- "Jeremiah was a bulldog!"

He got choked at "deener" one evening and said, "It went down de wrong froat."

We were looking at 18 day old puppies the other day. He was letting them suck on his fingers and ooohhing and aahhhing over them. Then he looked at me so seriously and said, "Are dey buttweilers?" I asked him what he said and he asked again, "De puppies, are dey are buttweilers?" I said, "No, they are shelties and I think you mean 'rottweilers', not buttweilers."

I've shared on here before how we were listening to a Sonny and Cher record and were talking about Sonny dying in a skiing accident. The only kind of skiing J has been exposed to is waterskiing and he couldn't figure out how in the world a tree got in the middle of the water. We explained snow skiing to him but I'm not sure how much sunk in. We haven't spoken about it for a couple months yet the other day at the lake we asked him if he wanted to try skiing and he said, "No. I keep tinking about that guy who died from skiing." Sigh..."La de da da de, la de da de da. And the beat goes on..."

No comments: