Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sick day

Yesterday was a snow day. Today is a sick day. J has a fever/cough/cold type thing going on. Sigh...I'd rather have a snow day than a sick day.

A couple weeks ago I was asking him if there was anything he missed from Haiti. I thought he might say his birthmom or some friends from the O but he said he misses rice and beans with chicken and "red sauce". I asked him what was in the red sauce because I make rice and beans and chicken. He tried to explain it a little bit and what I got out of it was that it was spicy and had onions.

T will not eat anything with onions or anything that he thinks might have onions in it but I do use onion powder a lot. I got online and found some Haitian recipes and came up with something that I thought might make both guys happy. I scored. J was happy and T was happy. They both like spicy and it had onion powder but not onion slices. They put it on their chicken and their rice and beans. I had mine plain so we were all happy. Now if we can get him well again and no one else gets sick. I'll be spraying lysol everywhere.

No comments: