Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's Tuesday!! (and fibro info)

Hallelujah! They all went back to school/work today. T works for the school system and that's why he was off. J forgot his agenda and reading books. And so it begins.



I've had someone ask about my fibromyalgia and what I've done for it. In summer of '09 I took 2 months of doxycycline. After reading about fibro and infections I presented what I had read to my GP and thankfully he was willing to consider it, think outside the box and prescribe 200mg. once a day. The result was that the "fibro flu" (achy, tired, sore throat, low-grade fevers) I had been experiencing for years was greatly reduced. It was happening weekly and sometimes multiple times per week and now, post doxy, it has happened about 5 times. 5 times, people, in a year and a half.



I was still low energy, still had the tender points, "fibro fog" (feeling foggy headed-can't come up with the correct word, etc.) was bad, and several of the 100 symptoms of fibro- www.fms-help.com/signs.htm . I have muscle relaxers as needed, which I take one once or twice a week. And recently I discovered, through a massage therapist, ATP Energy Dietary Supplement made by progressive laboratories. I love these things! I get them at my chiro/massage therapist office. I did a google search on malic acid and magnesium for fibromyalgia and was surprised at what I found. I am convinced that these things help and I had no idea about it. My energy levels are up, fibro fog is down (not gone, but noticeably improved) and people say I look better. Hmmm. I'd recommend them to anyone with fibro. Not everyone is the same but it sure can't hurt to try. I would recommend the doxy too, if you can get your doc to go along with it.

I know I'll have good days and bad days and that I'm not "healed" but for right now, I'm feeling pretty good most of the time.

2 comments:

Jeff Schicke said...

Glad your situation is looking better, and praying that you will continue to improve.

Anonymous said...

my mom used doxy in 2002. she claims the fibro is gone.