Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ramblings

Well, A went to school yesterday for the first time since last Wed. She did ok and she went again today. The Dr.'s office called and said she definitely has active mono and that her liver count was slightly elevated but nothing to worry about. They said she'd have good days and bad days. R had mono her first semester in college. She had fever and sore throat and funky looking tonsils but nothing like A's tonsils. Everyone who looks in her throat shudders, doc's included. Poor kid. Like J said, "Is her froat is rotting?" It certainly looks like it.

Mono spreads via saliva so A has decided that she has toxic spit. It's like a super power. She could take down bad guys by spitting on them. Only she spits like a girl.

R has been volunteering at a ranch where children with special needs come and ride horse. As the weather gets colder and snow starts coming the kids will come less but R may get to ride the horses to keep them exercised. She's looking forward to that. She misses Bridget. I think she misses us too, but definitely Bridget :)

My dad is riding today with his buddies. He loads up his horse in a trailer and drives up to where they ride. They stop for a greasy breakfast and then ride up the "mountain". His horse is the thinnest one in our pasture. I guess that's because she gets ridden the most. The two fat horses stand around and whinny for Arrow. I don't know why they want to be with her because she kicks and bites them. Weird.

I've thought a lot about why the adoption took so long. What was the reason for it? I don't have much for answers but I do know that God doesn't waste experiences. There are a lot of people I met who became dear to me in a short period of time that I wouldn't have met if J had not still been in Haiti. That's one good thing.

The weather has been pretty the last few days. Sunny and warmer during the day but cool, almost cold, at night. J thought it had snowed the other day but it was just a frost. I love how clear the sky is in the fall. It's so hazy in the summer and it looks so crisp in the fall.

I guess that's all of my ramblings for now.

No comments: