Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

A and J went out in the woods and chopped down a tree and drug it home today while T and I were out. It looks pretty good but we are missing a bunch of ornaments. We've been through the stuff in the attic (or depot as J calls it) twice and can't find them all. Oh well. I'll get pics up when I can.

We had a great time Thanksgiving day. We played Catch Phrase and laughed until tears rolled down our cheeks and our cheeks hurt from laughing. We also played "Around the World" ping pong where you start with several people on each side and one on each end. The end people hit the ball, lay the paddle down and the next person picks it up and hits again and you keep moving around the table. If you miss or hit long you are out. When it gets down to two players they have to hit the ball, lay the paddle down, turn around and pick the paddle up and hit again. Oh my gosh did we have fun and laughed some more.

A and E did the early Friday morning shopping thing. We stayed in bed. I've done the black Friday thing once or twice and didn't enjoy it at all. I had praise team practice at 11 and T worked on my dad's boat with my dad. J has had a cold this whole Thanksgiving break. Now T and I have weird feeling throats too. Sigh...

I worked 'til 3 on Sat and then came home and made soup with the leftover smoked turkey. Boy is it good.

T and I have been on some wild goose chases this weekend looking at vehicles. Blah! I'm ready to find something and move on.

My crocs blitzens came on Sat and I love them. My feet are nice and warm and "comberfull" (word from when the girls were little). I love these ugly crocs.

I got another cactus for my cactus planter. It doesn't look quite so strange anymore. I'll post pics when I can.

My stiff neck thingy is back. Sigh...that gets old really fast. I think I'll take a whole muscle relaxer tonight. I usually just take half a one if I need it but dang. This hurts.

My brother and sister in law came home to a sick dog today. Apparently she ate a bunch of chocolate. Poor Livvy. She is spending the night at the vets' office.

I've had a blast playing the drums (or playing at the drums would be more like it) this last week but the plan is to take them back to church this week. It's lots of fun to play with a CD. The real music covers up your playing and it sounds like you actually know what you're doing. I like all the different kits on the electric drums, too. Lots of fun!

No comments: