Friday, October 29, 2010

The weirdest things to worry about

Last night J played his last fall ball baseball game. They lost but they actually played pretty well. J took a ball to the lip in warm ups and one to the ear in the game. He was pretty tough about the one to the lip but not so tough about the hit to the ear. This morning however, the ear wasn't mentioned at all but he was laying on his bed whining when it was time to get ready for school. It turns out he was worried that "dey" will pick on him for his fat lip. All that whining and not talking and near tears over a fat lip! He picks the weirdest things to worry about.

I said, "Oh bunk. You got it playing baseball. It's like an award." He was not convinced. I let him be for a while and finally told him that he was going to school so please get ready. I told him he could wear the Spiderman costume, the King of Hearts card costume or put a headband on and be the Karate Kid. T told him his fat lip would look good with a Karate Kid costume. He was not convinced.

After another time telling him to get ready for school he finally came out in regular clothes. I asked him if he was going to dress up and he said no. He pouted 'til part way through breakfast and then decided he wanted a head band. Sigh....I got online quick and found his name translated into Chinese (I'm sure it's a very loose translation) and wrote it in marker on my dishtowel, I mean his head band. He was finally convinced. (Oh please, Lord. Don't let anyone make fun of him.)
I knew we wouldn't have time last night to carve a pumpkin so he did it on Wed. A free-handed a beautiful owl for him with instructions on where to "skin" it and where to cut completely out for a very cool effect. He didn't "get it" and proceeded to cut the entire outline completely out. Oh well. It looks kind of cool.
And even cooler in the dark.

The two cats and one dog were lined up at the screen door the other day. This is not where I wanted this pic to go but it will not move. Apparently it likes this spot.
A carved pumpkins last weekend with her friend, E. They put pix on FB. I don't have those. She also carved one of those little "baking pumpkins" last week. Those little buggers are hard as rocks and she actually had to "seesaw" (J's word for saw) the side of the pumpkin off to get to something she could work with.

This is what she carved.

It ended up molding and she threw it at a tree. J threw his little pumpkin at a tree too. Apparently it's fun, sort of like a potato cannon. Whatever.
-A got her "formal drape" senior pic done last night. A hundred bucks gone, "snap". Just like that. For one 8x10 and 8 wallets. Sigh...at least we have a friend who can do the rest of the pix.
-Mom and dad got back safely. Mom seems to like the window shelf we put up for their anniversary but dad doesn't seem impressed. I think it looks great and really helps frame the window out. We have two in our house and I'd like to do more.
-Please keep Mrs. H's grandson in your prayers. He has something called ADEM ( http://www.adem.org/ ). He's doing really well but would appreciate prayers. He still has 4 weeks of hospital re-hab ahead of him.
-We are thankful that we didn't blow away in the storms the other day. I was driving on Tuesday when a gust of wind hit me and it made my stomach flip flop. It really slammed into me and scared me. There were tornadoes near our family in WI that evening too but thankfully they didn't have any damage.
-I'm having some weird heel pain. Usually my right, top forefoot hurts but this time the left heel is giving me fits. Sigh...my grand parents always used to say to me, "It's heck to get old, kid."
-I guess that's it for now.

No comments: