Saturday, October 9, 2010

Red

Debra Parker is doing a "Shades of red photo challenge". Check her out at http://www.debraparker.blogspot.com/ . They adopted Ronel from Haiti. I remember seeing him on Lori and Licia's blogs and praying that he would find a family. Plus, you can't have gone through a Haitian adoption process and not feel bonded to others who have also gone through the process. They "get it". And, you know, after spending 4 years in the process there was a lot to "get".

Anyway, I love red and I have lots of shades of red around my house. Here are some of the last tomatoes from the garden.

There is red in the quilt I made a few years ago.
I LOVE my red clawfoot tub. I wanted one since I was a kid and when we built this house I was thrilled to put this tub in it.

T used to work for the Singer Sewing Co. This is an old logo in stained glass.
I dried off with a red towel this morning after my shower. I didn't even know about the photo challenge at that point.

Little cabinet above the "twalet" (J's word for toilet).

I wandered outside and found lots of red and shades of red.

Red fence posts.

Our boat is red.

J's baseball practice bouncy thing.

The bush hog. (If you know what a bush hog is, you might be a redneck.)

An old red trailer. This one and the "See Rock City" birdhouse are a couple of favorite pix from today.

A bush that is changing to it's fall colors. My parents red brick house in the background.

A bell in shades of red.

Our house with it's red cedar stain on it.

Trixie the red(ish) dog.

Thanks for coming on this red(neck) tour with me!

5 comments:

Carly Peters said...

I want that bath tub. Cute!

Amy said...

Thanks Carly!
Amy

Kelly Bartlett said...

I love this post... I might have to "borrow" your idea! Red is my favorite color. :-)

Amy said...

Kelly, you go right ahead. I'd love to see it. But it was Debra's idea, not mine.
Amy

debra parker said...

i WANT that claw foot tub. just saying.

thanks for playing last week!