Sunday, August 30, 2009

We're home!

We had a long couple days of travel but we are home and doing fine. J loved the airport and was very good even through delays and layovers. I had told him about the auto flushing toilets so he wouldn't freak out but I forgot to tell him about the auto sinks. He was quite thrilled with them. We rode up and down the escalators multiple times and then sat down to wait for awhile. He watched some people come in the doors and his eyes got huge. He said, "Mum, de gates (doors), dey are opening by deirselves!!" I said yeah, kind of like magic. He watched a few more and then said with awe, "It is magic." It was so funny. I tried to explain a sensor to a kid from a third world country, then I gave up and we just went in and out for a while.

There are lots of emotions to process, lots of things to do, but I'm operating on about 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours and I got a cold too. I'll update with pics when I can.

3 comments:

Family by Love said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Get some rest and enjoy your son!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I'm glad you finally got him home....after all of this time it doesn't seem real. I hope he doesn't think I'm weird, but when I see him I'm gonna want to hug him and he won't even know me!!! Congratulations. Kim S.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...

Julie, Mom to David and Beverly (who thought 30 months was a long time to bring our kids home from Haiti!)