Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Sunday

We got an email from DHS yesterday (yes, on a Sat.-how weird is that? I didn't know they were open on Sat.) saying that they are still waiting on the papers. I talked to the O director on Friday and thought that they were taking them on Friday. It was a bad connection so either I misunderstood or they didn't get a chance to take them. Please pray that they get them there on Monday so we can get the final approval and a visa appointment. Sigh...

A is standing over there playing R's keyboard. She was playing something cool and I asked her what it was and she said she just "had it on 'room kit' with the 'ar-pig-o' thing". I busted out laughing and said it's pronounced "ahr-pej-ee-oh". She cracks me up.

T had a birthday this week. Happy birthday, Babe (like you even read this blog). R was working and I was busy around the house so we asked A to wrap the presents for us. She was in one of those moods and this is what she did to his gifts; T is a "manly man" and she wrapped every one of them in girly stuff. She said we just don't have anything manly for gift wrap. I better put that on my list. Poor guy. He is a little outnumbered in this house, at least until J gets here. He didn't care though and A was quite proud of how nice they looked.

I bought a little shelf for the hall bathroom the other day from the antique mall where I work. I'm going to paint it and T is going to attach a dowel to the bottom of it so it's just sitting in the hall right now. Dexty found it and decided it looked like a good place for a nap. He's getting that "old man cat" (he'll be 12 in Oct.) skinny thing but he's still a pretty big cat.

I think I'll do a thankful list. It sure helps to have a thankful heart. I'm thankful for T and celebrating another year of life. I'm thankful for my kids and that they make me laugh. I'm thankful for pets-especially when they're sweet and cute.

No comments: