Friday, August 14, 2009

Desperation

I hate the desperation I'm feeling today. Will we hear good news? Will we hear bad news? Will we hear anything at all? It's Friday and I'm feeling desperate. We've waited 4 years to get to this point and the thought of going another weekend without hearing anything makes my heart sick. Literally. It makes my chest hurt.

The O director told me last week that they had two VBS weeks in a row and how much fun J had and that they went to a pool one day. She told me that he cried when that team left. I know she meant it to reassure me that J is having fun but it breaks my heart that he's crying over other people leaving. I just want to come to him and take him home. We have a pool in the front yard. He could have been in it every day this summer but he's still in Haiti.

I feel desperate today to hear some good news. To bring our son home. Would you say a prayer for me? Please.

6 comments:

Family by Love said...

I can't imagine the desperation 4 years would bring. I know the desperation of a shorter wait and that hurt, so I pray for you daily. I spent time reading my Bible and praying for you as the kids played outside today. I wish there was more I could do. I will continue to pray.

Amy said...

tanjungbungah said...

Amy, I am also praying for you today. I have tried to check in on your blog more since I have been back in Malaysia hoping and hoping that each time I open it I will read good news. I can't even begin to imagine a wait this long. Ours was 22 months from commitment to K and that was longer than I ever thought I could manage. My heart breaks for you in that K has been almost three years (the 26th)...and it has been more than three years that I was in Haiti and met J (and his birthmom) and you are still waiting for him to come home...unbelievable. Huge hugs to you and praying for good news this week.

Family by Love said...

Still praying. And praying even more often. My Sunday School class is praying and I have lots of people that sent their love to you in the last few days as they ask for updates and how to best pray for you. I believe God will answer our prayers this week. I will keep praying until I know J is safe at home with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

Your situation was shared by a friend and I want you to know that I am praying that the Lord will bring your son home this week! I'm also praying that the Lord will strengthen you and that you feel His presence each day. Waiting is so hard, but His timing is always perfect even though we don't understand. Remember 1 Peter 5:7 Cast your cares on the Lord for He cares for you. In Christ, Bev

Amy said...

Thanks again ladies.
Amy

Chapter Two said...

Praying, Amy.