Saturday, June 20, 2009

We "almost" have a passport

T got to talk to J today. I thought that was appropriate since it's the day before Father's day. T asked him if he had a passport yet and J said, "Almost. You can come get me now." So he almost has a passport, whatever that means. We have not heard from the O worker yet so we have no real idea what's going on. It's only been 45 months, right. What's a few more days? Huge sigh...

Remember my friend who broke her arm while pumping gas, got stuck in a dress in a fitting room, killed a bird with her car antenna, etc.? This week they took their truck to the mechanic because they're getting ready to go on a trip and the AC sounded strange, like a huge swarm of mosquitoes. Turns out it was a drinking straw from the glove box that got sucked into the system somehow and it had to be extracted. How funny is that? Then the guy that was bush hogging their farm told them that their horses and donkey "ate" his truck and tore the mirror off the side. Turns out, the animals ganged up on the guy's truck while he was on the tractor and did in fact chew on just about every quarter of the truck, leaving deep scratches and bite marks. And they did in fact, pull the mirror off the truck. M had to call his ins. co. and see if they were covered for truck hungry horses wreaking havoc. I haven't heard the results on that one. I'm not sure if they think it's funny or not but I do. Our first van had a slight dent in the sliding door from one of the horses' hind quarter. I thought that was funny too. Maybe my sense of humor is warped.

2 comments:

Danielsen5 said...

"you know you live in the south when . . .

hores and donkeys eat your bush hoggers truck!" LOL too funny.

Guess I am warpped too. Never would have happened in my home town in northern MI. Guess Canadian horses are much more finicky - but we do have moose molestation issues. Go figure.

Blessings, Beth

Family by Love said...

I'll keep praying! The horse story was funny!