Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chicks and tiggers

The ticks are awful this year. We have picked countless numbers of them off the dogs. Even with the stuff between their shoulder blades they are still covered up in them. Yuck. I think each of us humans has had at least one on us too. Yuck. The mosquitoes don't bother me much. R had a bunch of mosquito bites and T is bothered by them too. The thing that loves to bite me is chiggers. I HATE those little buggers. Although, there is something mildly uphoric about scratching a chigger bite. I have two on the back of my right knee plus some others. But two in the same spot? They kind of blend into one big bite. Sigh... The "Chicks and tiggers" title comes from talking about the little buggers one day and someone switched the beginning letters around. We've called them chicks and tiggers ever since. A romantic night around here involves a tick check, or in the spirit of the title-a chick teck. Isn't there a country song about that?

No comments: