Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More of the bizarre

Weird day. I'm feeling quite frustrated by the whole adoption process. 45+ months is an awfully long time. I know we're supposed to be thankful for times like these because they produce character, faith and hope. But I don't want any more faith. I don't want more character. I don't want more patience and perseverance. Is that awful? Am I horrible? I don't have an answer right now.

Moving along here. I opened up my knee again today. After nearly two weeks from the fall in the gravel, the scabs were gone and the new pink skin was there. Then I bumped into a cardboard tootsie roll display at the grocery store and broke a small section of new skin open. I was mad more than anything. Sigh...T said chocolate will get you every time. I maintain my stand that tootsie rolls are not chocolate.

A got stung by a wasp today while working for my mom. Her hand is quite swollen. See?

It's even swollen up her wrist a ways. It looks like she has elephantitis of her hand.

Here's a recent sunset. I may have posted this already so if I did, enjoy it again.
Here's a pic of Choji when R first brought him home. He was so little and so cute.

He's quite a bit bigger now. R does this thing where she slowly lays him back in her lap and it's almost like he's hypnotized or something.

He just lays there, doing nothing.

You can even move his little paws around and he just lays there. It's rather bizarre. But then, a lot of things around here are rather bizarre right now.

8:30 edit; More bizarre. We came home and the two dogs were standing in the driveway panting and there was a baby deer with them. Sigh...we've called the vet and are praying that momma deer will come to collect her baby tonight.

Thursday morning edit; Momma deer came and got her baby, thank God.

3 comments:

Nadia said...

I agree tootsie rolls are NOT chocolate!

praying for that passport.

Family by Love said...

Still praying for a passport and for an overwhelming sense of peace for you. I can't imagine being in your shoes. I think of you all the time and pray. We all prayed Tuesday night, but I haven't had internet to email you. I'm borrowing my in-laws. Michael said it was very sad that J was not able to come to his family and he seemed so sad and sincere. Matthew was the only one that couldn't verbalize his prayer. I could see the tears in his eyes and he agreed to pray quietly in his bed instead of out loud with the family. I thought he was going to lose it.

Amy said...

Family by Love, that's so incredibly sweet. Tell the boys thank you for praying for us.
Amy