Friday, April 18, 2008

Nothing new under the moon

It's Friday again and we still haven't heard anything new about the adoption. It's really getting to me. We're at 31 months and it's been almost 11 months since we've had any forward movement. It is beyond my ability to understand.

The cat opened up her stitches Tuesday night so I took her back again on Wed. and she had another little digit of her tail removed. By the time we got home from church that night she had taken out all but one stitch and was going nutsy and bleeding all over the house. We tried to wrap it up but she just screamed when the gauze touched her tail. The cat bleeding and crying like that with the stress of the adoption kind of threw me over the emotional edge. It was awful and that's all I've got to say about that.

We got the cat some pain relievers or sedatives on Thur and she's doing better. We are keeping her in the small bathroom when we're not home and at night. She doesn't really like it in there but is tolerating it okay.

Every time I think about J or the adoption process I have a physical pain somewhere. I think it's my chest, but it's a physical pain. When will this ever end? Where is the mercy? I just don't know how much more disappointment I can take.

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

Oh, Amy. I am so sorry to hear about the extra stress. I understand the physical pain and we have "only" been at this for 26 months and counting. It really does physically hurt. And I hate not knowing and not being able to do anything to help things get done.

Chapter Two said...

My heart aches for you, Amy. The pain is real and so hard to understand. I offer my prayers as always and hope that something gives soon.
Love,
chapter 2