Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day and pics!!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in my life. To my dad, you have been a great father, grandfather and soon you can try your hand at being a great-grandfather! What will they call you, Great Bampa? To T, the father of my children and soon-to-be grandfather. We don't always agree on this parenting gig but the children never call me when they have car or computer issues. You really are a good father and full of compassion. And to JT, the newest father-to-be on your first Father's day. I love the way you downloaded the baby app as soon as you found out you were going to be a daddy and when R has questions she can ask you what's going on. Ha! And to T's dad. And to all the other dads who might be reading this. Happy Father's Day!
 
I was able to get some pics from my phone on to the computer the other day when I took my phone apart for some reason. Here they are and I believe they are in a chronological order.
 
I love a sunset!

T and dad doing something on his boat.

Cooper, trying to be good and be part of whatever goes on in the house too.

View from the side of my parent's house. I love where we live.

We finally got down to the lake with dad's boat. Last year the water was so low that you had to jump down into the boat from the pier, which was high and dry then. Now the water's so high it's over the pier. J is checking it out.

This was the first time out. It ran about a 1/4 mile.

Both cats still think that I learn best through a process we've titled "catmosis". Every time I sit down to do some schoolwork one or both cats lay on top of what I'm reading or writing and absorb the info into their bodies. Then it passes to my brain. Or that's what they think. They're so helpful.

The gas tank in this boat is still "gunked up" so they bypassed it with a tank from a parts boat. It ran great this way and we had a nice afternoon at the lake.

Doesn't everyone have a cat sleeping on newspaper (soaking up knowledge for "catmosis"?) next to a headboard project in the music/exercise room/office?

T and I got to go to Atlanta for a couple days. We shopped at thrift stores, ate, spent time with Mrs. H and her family and got to see their church's 36th anniversary. There was a covered dish dinner afterwards. Ain't nothing like a church potluck in the south!

We met this cute dog. Is that her head or her tail?

Ta-da! It's her head!

Little miss G said I should take a pic of her eating.

Back home, my legs are too short to reach the pool. Sigh...

We still really need to sell this van. Please God, send us a buyer. It's an awesome van if you're interested.

Another dead mitsubishi. Poor T! And the way we are pronouncing mitsubishi right now is a bit more...colorful.

Some b-ball in the sunset.

Remember the whole dishwasher staring thing? Now she has graduated to the fridge. Yeah, we don't get it either.

Mr. Long Arms and Legs was sitting at the drums and trying to match rhythm with the keyboard. He just reached over with the stick and hit the fill buttons. Too funny.

No comments: