Monday, April 8, 2013

Lost in translation

We were on spring break last week and went to my parent's place in FL. I'll post pics when I can. We had a nice time and also got to see T's aunt and uncle and several cousins. We had been to the beach one day and then to our favorite "top 5 weirdest places to eat in America" and J was telling about an older guy he saw on the beach who "must have been a sumo wrestler" or something. He said, "Dis guy had big muscles. He must have been on hydraulics!" We were all like, what? Do you possibly mean steroids? Yeah, dat's it! Hydraulics/steroids. Not all that close....

We stayed in T's uncle's RV part of the time we were there. One day J and I walked into the rv and there was a terrible smell. J started laughing. He was laughing so hard he could barely talk. He said, "You should have seen your facial impression! It was like dis," and then he tried to immitate what I looked like. I asked him again just to make sure and he said, "Your facial impression! It was so funny." Impression/expression. So close.

No comments: