Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Still choosing to focus on the positive (and some pics!)

Wow, it's been a while since I posted and even longer since I posted pics. But blogger has decided to be nice today.
 
So far, I'm not very impressed with 2013. My parent's beloved little dog BB passed away Monday eve. Thankfully she went quickly and seemingly painlessly but they will miss her. She was almost 16. We are struggling financially, struggling with some health issues, struggling with health issues of some people we love. We are trying to trade out vehicles and land right side up financially and the montero we bought to replace the van is having issues. I guess we are just tired of issues.
 
But we are choosing to focus on the positive. My foot is healing. I'm actually starting to wean out of the boot. I put a tennis shoe on my right foot Monday morn for the first time in over 2 months. It felt weird. And tight. Apparently swelling is still an issue (see, there's another issue!) But it's healing!
 
T's uncle is getting better. My mom celebrated a birthday this week. Spring break is coming and we plan to be in FL, even if we have to rent a car to get there! Good stuff!
 
A is liking her new assistant manager position. We are meeting to sign J up for high school classes this week. High school! And he's doing well. He gets to take ESL english classes the first 2 years and I'm very relieved about that. I didn't know how he would take English 9. They have to pick a "focus area" and take appropriate elective classes. Seriously? How many 8th graders know what they want to do with their lives? Oh well, he's probably going to focus in fine arts. Or carpentry. He's getting a personal tour of the high school tomorrow if his ESL teacher extraordinaire can arrange it. Should help him decide his focus area. Or it could muddy the waters....?
 
Now, some pics. These back up a ways because blogger has been so weird about pics.
 
A "fireplace dinner". That was probably some time in Jan or Feb.

I love where we live and the beautiful scenery. This was a cold morning after it had rained and the icicles along the rock on the side of the road were awesome.

I do love a pretty sunset.

We celebrated A's 20th birthday.

Diesel still loves to get up on my lap and drool. Then he falls asleep.

Cooper is growing like crazy....

...and into everything. Including mud puddles. Large ones by the looks of him!

Diesel loves to play in the bathtub or in the sink. Love this cat. Love his markings. What a creative God we have!

Another nice sunset. Love God's handiwork.

Misty still loves to "help" me with my schoolwork. She thinks I will learn better by her absorbing the info into her body and me absorbing it by petting her.

My old horse Lady. She's 26 or 27 and thankfully in good health. Good old horse.

Well, that's all that blogger would allow me to add today without much trouble. Here's a lost in translation. We play a lot of games and teasingly accuse each other of cheating if one person is doing really well. J still gets a lot of little sayings mixed up and has taken to saying, "Cheater, cheater, pants on fire!" Last night he said that and then he said, "Oh wait, dat's supposed to be liar, liar, pants on fire, isn't it?" Too funny! Stay positive!

1 comment:

judi bola online said...

wow your cat is fabulous and fun