Friday, March 9, 2012

The blog, the play, words to live by

Hey, we are busy as always. I did not get the steroid injection the other day. The doc (GP) didn't feel comfortable doing it so I'm to see an ortho next week. Sigh...

 I wanted to bring to your attention some features on the blog. I usually use single letters to tell us apart. I'm sure anyone who really wanted to find out about us could but it's a habit I started from the beginning and I will keep doing it. If you get confused there is a list of "who's who" on the sidebar. You're welcome.

Below that list there's also a list of labels. Not all of my labels are listed there but the ones that I use the most are. So, if you come here and want to read about our adoption, click on the adoption label and it brings up all posts where I've mentioned something about adoption. Or if you just like the pics, click on the "pics" label. Or if you want to see all the funny things that J says, click on "lost in translation". I'm sure you get this.

I'm going to be changing the "Other blogs I read" list as soon as I have some time. There are some that hardly ever post and there are some others I read often that aren't listed there.

"Camelot" opens tonight. We had our final dress rehearsal last night and even had a small audience. All comments were good. So if you know us IRL get your tix and come see "Camelot". A will be in the restaurant so you can see her too. T and I have no good pics so far but I'm trying to get some pics from others so I can post them.

I'm going to start a new thing, similar to my "thankful list" that I do occasionally. I'm going to call it "words to live by" and will try to get it added to the label list. We all have little sayings or things that we've read or heard or that our mommas used to say or even things we've discovered on our own through trial and error and I thought I'd post some of the ones I've collected over the years. So today's is, "Truth is clouded by our own perception of it. There are some absolutes in life but truth as we see it is unfortunately clouded by our experiences, by the tone of the person relaying 'truth', and by countless other things that affect what and why we believe. Always weigh 'the truth' with those things in mind." Proverbs 12:17 "When you tell the truth, justice is done, but lies lead to injustice."

No comments: