Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

We had a nice service this morning with flags, snare drum, the national anthem and a message about our founding fathers. Good stuff.

Here is a goofy pic of the cats.


This came rolling into the office the other day. J was proud of himself that he had turned off the tv long enough to play a little.


This is me helping Misty see what's in the cabinet. Why do cats love cabinets?


And this is Misty just resting her head.


We had a very nice time with our friends and J did much better coming off that high than he did coming off the day camp high. We are thankful. So, I'll back up a bit. Monday I went to work and J went to Mrs. G's. I was heading home and met K and her kids at the corner and they followed me home. We had never met in person but we walked through the adoption process together and there was already a bond there. She has adopted three times and J and her oldest daughter (who was the last one to come home) were at the O together. Our files were two of four to be declared lost in April of '08. L came home in May of '09 and J came home in Aug. of '09.

On Tuesday we took the kids rollerskating. A and her friend E went with us. E can rollerskate but A and J spent a lot of time falling. They claim they had fun though and we hope to do it again soon. K's kids did all right. Here's a pic of J doing his thing.

Here are "the boys", J and E. The kids played pretty much non-stop the whole time they were here. J was pretty tired by Thursday evening.

Everyone got to ride the horse. This is K's oldest daughter.
Younger daughter. She handled the horse pretty well.

And son.


We all spent a lot of time in the pool.


And drinking "shake milks" as J calls them.
Here is the moms and the kids on the morning they left. I'm so glad they came. It's hard to explain the bond between adoptive parents and the kids share a bond too. I think it helps us all to know that we're not the only ones going through what we're going through. I'm thankful for our adoption support group too.

On Friday, A, J, my mom and I went shopping. J was thankfully very good. That evening we watched a fireworks show in town. It was very nice and we all enjoyed it but J said it was smoky. He's excited about doing some fireworks here at the house this evening. He wants to do some "sprinkles" which is his word for sparklers.
This afternoon, just before I started uploading pix, Dexter had crawled into this drawer and was laying like that. Yes, that's his tail. He was very still while I took a pic but when I asked him what he was doing he backed out tail first. It was quite funny.

T has cut most sugar out of his diet. He's also exercising more and making better food choices. Maybe it will rub off on the rest of us. I'll let you know if he looses any weight.
We had our first corn on the cob out of the garden last night. Mmmm good!
I guess that catches us up for now.

No comments: