Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another first

J had another first yesterday. He went to the dentist. Under layers and layers of plaque were some ok teeth. They are not very white but they look much better than before. Poor kid endured the whole thing with just a couple of flinches. He has two cavities, both on top but on opposite sides of his mouth. That means two more visits to get them filled and they are large and difficult meaning more money for the dentist. Sigh...I guess after 12 years and never seeing a dentist two cavities is not so bad. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

I'm still taking cough med. at night. I've tried not to a few nights but I cough too much. I'm still only taking half of the prescribed dose. It's enough to quiet the cough without taking me to strange new worlds.

We are loving Netflix. We're supposed to get the first disc of season one of Northern Exposure today. Remember that show? We loved it. We've been watching Star Trek Next Generation and have managed to make a trekkie out of A. She likes Data. J is not that into it. I think A will like Northern Exposure too as she can be a bit on the quirky side. Love ya, A!

1 comment:

Danielsen5 said...

Just wanted to say I like the new look on the blog and we love Netflix too. It's a big plus for home school, but also for viewing since we don't have cable and can't pick up anything on our 'box'. We already did the Northern Ex. thing, Z loved it. B's favorite was the original Knight Rider. K loved Fall Guy and I enjoy Mork & Mindy myself. Ah, the 80's = LOL