Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lost in translation

Wow, I've posted three days in a row. Lucky you. Tomorrow morning we go to the local court house and have the adoption finalized. We will do the name change (just an addition, really) and J will become a citizen. Woot! That's if all goes well anyway. Things have had a way of jumping up and biting us in the butt throughout this process. I will be so glad to have "the process" finished.

A couple weeks ago J came home from school saying, "I on a roll. I on a roll." We were like, okay. Good for you. I'm glad you're on a roll. He repeated it a few more times and we replied the same. Then he gets out his report card and honor roll certificate. Ah, he was on the honor roll. Duh for us.

Just this morning we got into T's jeep and J was saying, "Look (which sounds like Luke), dog tay. Dere's dog tay." He picked it up to show us and T said, "No, that's duct tape."

J really likes to dress up and he loves to wear a tie. Weirdo. Anyway, we were walking in to church and someone told him he looked spiffy this morning. He said, "What?! De dog want to sniff me?!"

Well, I've gone back through the blog back to when J first came home and have labeled all of the posts that I put "J'isms" or "lost in translation" things with "lost in translation". You should be able to click on that label and bring them all up. It was quite entertaining to look back at all of those. Have fun.

No comments: