Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pics

We had a nice day yesterday meeting another family who adopted from Haiti, not from the same O, their son actually came from the Cap Haitian area. The boys were kind of quiet with each other but the parents talked a lot.

J had a great birthday week and bought an RC car with some gift cards and birthday money. He's having fun with it. I think his daddy likes it a lot too.

J is not liking the cold. Yet he won't dress warmer. He is willing to wear long sleeves but doesn't want to wear hoodies and fleece shirts. I have no idea why he doesn't want to wear them. I guess if he gets cold enough he will.

He had some more firsts yesterday. He got to use his gift card to pay for the RC car, he went to his aunt and uncles house for the first time and loved it there, and his uncle gave him a ride in a 4-wheel drive rock crawler. He couldn't get his started so he used my nephew's. While he was trying to start his, it backfired and scared the bejeebers out of J. Once we explained what it was he just clamped his hands over his ears and laughed like crazy. Once they went out for their ride J had a blast. I wondered if it would scare him but no way. He wants to go back again today. I tried to explain that uncle C wouldn't be there but he still wanted to go.

I finally got a few minutes to upload some pics. Just in case you were wondering, Sanomae still loves to cuddle in the warm laundry.
Misty still thinks she fits in boxes/baskets that are really much too small for her.
What?? I fit just fine.
Here are a few birthday pics. I don't know why the pics with the cake didn't come out but here is one with the balloon that made him so happy.


Opening some gifts and cards.

He made a house for Misty out of the box his car came in. He dressed himself-can you tell?
He stuck a few treats in there to entice her in. She went in to check it and get her treats but she's not very impressed with it. Why it's in our bedroom is beyond me.

I have a mountain of laundry awaiting me. Even though we had two dry nights in a row, most nights J's plumbing still leaks which makes for a lot of laundry. Sigh...

3 comments:

Family by Love said...

He looks happy. I keep praying for you guys.

Chapter Two said...

Wondering...our son is opposed to all fleece and the lining of sweatshirts. I have wondered if it is sensory-deprivation thing. He won't let his skin touch certain fuzzy blankets. So every warm thing has a silky lining and I've stopped buying sweats (unless nylon) and fleece for him. Is that weird?
I hope J is just not yet used to layering and it's just not cold enough to make him put more on.

Amy said...

Manmi, interesting. I think he's just not used to layering as I made some pajama bottoms out of polar fleece and those are currently his favorites. Time will tell as it's only going to get colder.
Amy