Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yada, yada

Well, blogger finally decided to let me on. I tried earlier today and couldn't get on. Anyway, our lawyer said that she got our file finally. Hopefully she will find no more errors and the O can pick it up and hopefully get it back into MOI next week. Pray.

The weather has been crazy here. It's been raining a lot. We saw a few peeks of sunshine yesterday. We weren't sure what it was at first-LOL. It was cool this morning, then it started raining and warmed up, but it's supposed to get down to freezing tonight with snow flurries. Zoiks. I don't know what that will do for church attendance but we have some nice musical numbers worked up-if those performing are feeling better, that is. Some of them are not feeling so good. Sigh...

We had a "request" for a pic of the staircase. T made some shelves for at the top a couple weeks ago and I stained them last week. After struggling to stain them, I decided to put plastic all around and spray polyurethane on them.


Here's the shelves. The spray poly was a good idea and the job was done in no time. T and the girls put the books and pics up.
There's some empty space still so I'll have to get up there and re-arrange and maybe take some books from the downstairs shelves up there. I'm excited about more room for family pics too.

The presents are filling up under the tree. The girls have been very busy shopping and wrapping. I got some wrapping done the other day.

With the lights on.

This is A's little tree in her room.

She does love to decorate. Those are shells that she and my mom collected at the beach and then put glitter and bows on them for ornaments. You can also see some of her interesting bottle collection.

Did I mention that R got straight A's her first semester at college? Yup, that's my girl.

Maybe I'll do a thankful list. Let's see. I'm thankful for my family, for our pets and that the lawyer got our file back in hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...this is Bob from B-71.

Good job on the staircase ! That was quite a project ! If I were to build them...even I would be
afraid to actually use them !

Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Thanks Bob!

Family by Love said...

I'm so glad to hear some news for the adoption. I am really praying for you guys. Merry Christmas!