Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sorry about the blogging break

The blogging break was unintentional. We've just been busy.

We got to talk to J on his birthday. That was so cool. He sounded so happy. I said, "Hey kiddo, how are you?" And he said, "I'm fine. And you?" Somebody must be working on phone etiquette and/or manners with them. He said he was having a good birthday and that they were eating ice cream. I asked what kind it was but he didn't seem to get that so I asked what flavor it was and he said it was brown, white and red. I'm guessing Neopolitan.

We got to "see" J today. They do skype calls every other Sunday afternoon as weather permits. Today is overcast in Haiti but we/they tried it anyway. We were able to see J over skype but we couldn't hear him and he could hear us but not see us. So we talked and sang and he smiled and nodded and signed "I love you." How precious is that?

T and I went to the movie "Fireproof" this week. Have you seen it yet? It's very good. I think it's awesome that this church in GA is reaching people the way they are. What a great tool. There is a song in the movie called "While I'm Waiting" and it's done by John Waller. Oh my gosh, I will be getting the CD. So perfect for us in our waiting for J to come home. We're pushing the 37 month mark since starting the paper chase. Sigh...

Someone who loves us went to Paris and all we got was this. But it's chocolate so it's worth a lot in my book. Thanks C and S!

R and her bf were going outside the other night and they came right back in saying that there was a possum in the driveway and how were they going to get through? So, us being the goofy people we are said, let's take a pic! It was a kodak moment after all. So bf takes the pic and hands the camera back and just about the time R says, "How are we going to get around it?" bf starts running and flailing his arms and making this strange hissing sound. The possum was gone before R got all her words out.

We have not had rain here for over a month now. Sigh...everything is an ugly brown color and dust is covering it all. When you slam the hatch down on the van you have to turn your head away so it doesn't choke you. We have had some cool nights though and actually got out the feather comforter. We haven't gotten as far as putting it on under the quilt yet so it's just laying on top of the bed. Sanome is enjoying it and here is a pic of her. A perfect picture of relaxation. Makes me want to curl up next to her. Or wake her up.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

I'm still praying for you. My heart breaks when I read your blog and don't find any news about any adoption progress. I'll try to email you sometime soon, but wanted you to know that I'm praying.