Monday, October 20, 2008

Cats in the spotlight

We've had an interesting day. I don't know anything new about our adoption file. Sigh...but work was interesting. They are having a "best scarecrow contest" for our dealers and we have some very creative dealers. I loved them. We have a cat scarecrow, a sponge bob scarecrow and a crow with a scarecrow in it's beak amongst others.

T called me at work this afternoon and said that he bought a 5th wheel. I did not believe him. He likes to jerk my chain now and then. When I got home there was indeed an old, ugly 5th wheel in my yard. We were all looking at it when my mom says, hey, there's a cow behind your house. We got ready to chase it into a pasture until we could figure out whose it was when it crossed into the neighbor's pasture. Our problem quickly became the neighbor's problem and we fixed the hole in the fence to make sure it stayed his problem. However, the dogs are carrying on like crazy and I'd guess it has something to do with the cow. Oh, the 5th wheel doesn't belong to us, it's just parked here for now.

I snapped this pic of Misty yesterday. Hence the title of this post. The lens cover didn't open completely and she was laying in a spot of sunshine and this is what I got when I snapped the pic. I think it's really cool.
R's bf was sitting in the living room yesterday and he asked what was up with Dexter on the towels. He said he was using the bathroom and looked up and saw this-two glowing eyes.

It caught him off guard. T made this shelf for above the toilet in the girls' bathroom out of an old door that we salvaged out of an old house. Dexter has never gone up on it before but he decided that the towels looked like quite a comfortable place for a nap.

Misty often jumps up on the bar stools and sits there watching everything going on in the kitchen. Sometimes she reaches up and sneaks things off the counter to play with or eat. Sometimes she just sits there and looks cute.

Isn't she cute?

No comments: