Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Hmm. I have a lot of thoughts chasing each other around in my head. I don't really know how to get them all down on this blog. I think the best thing is to try and take it one thought at a time but I know I will loose track of some of the thoughts. Oh well. Welcome to life with fibromyalgia.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom. More than giving me birth, she gave me life. She taught me how to live. I love you, Mom, more than words can say. And to my mother-in-law who helped make my husband the man he is today. And to Mrs. H, my mother-figure/mentor/friend. Love you lots!

And I'm thinking of four people in this world who made me a mom. R, my first born. There is a special bond between moms and their first borns. You were always independent but our brains seem to be wired in a very similar way. We have an understanding of each other even when we don't understand each other. And now you are making me a Mimi! To twins! Oh bebe, the roller coaster has just begun for you (and us!).

A, my exciting second born. You make life incredibly interesting, my dear. You love deeply and fiercely and I love the person you are becoming. You amaze me with your zest for life and the way you keep our world vibrantly colored. I struggled to get you into the world but you are so worth it. Love you so much!

J! My youngest! Four years of waiting to bring you home. You told me once that you cried every day in Haiti waiting to come home. Break my heart! But you finally made it and we are so glad. I honor your first mother today too. She chose life for you and gave you birth. She broke her heart and turned you over to people she didn't know for the hope of a better life. Her attachment to you made you able to attach to us and we are thankful. We are so glad that God chose you to be our son.

JT, my son-in-law. You love our daughter fiercely and are the father to our grandbabies. We are proud of your accomplishments in your work and life.

To all my kids, walk after God. Seek Him in everything you do. Live well, love deeply.

No comments: