Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Phone pics and catching up

Wow, busy as usual around here! J started back to school. He was so ready to spend every day with his friends. So far, he's had a good attitude towards the work and making this his best year ever. He's in 8th grade so he's a big fish in a small pond until he gets to high school next year. High school!?! How did that happen?

I finished one class so far and am getting ready to start the next one. I won't have as much lag between the 2nd and third ones because I already have the book for the 3rd. I have to figure out how to time that better.

A bought herself a used car. It's a standard. She doesn't know how to drive a standard. It's been....interesting. She goes back to school the last week of August. Sophomore year of college! How did that happen?!? She is also determined to do well and make this her best year yet. I hope they both succeed.

Did I mention that T couldn't stand not having a truck so he has a truck again? And we have a very nice Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale if you or anyone you know is interested. He's a happy camper. Or trucker. Or something.

I had a doc appointment yesterday. He confirmed that the tendonitis is back in my left wrist/base of my thumb. I'm trying some super duper new miracle cream and a compression brace. And praying that it works.

Dad's boat died Sunday. Well, the outdrive died. We are all very sad because it's so fun to go out in two boats. Sigh...

And now, the pics. Yes this is sideways. Yes it's "set up" and yes, I really do fill in with sharpie where I missed or where it's growing out. I missed a chunk by my temple this time. Not sure why.

The evening sky was awesome one day last week.

Love this pic over the pool. And the big crocodile head cloud. Too cool.

It got prettier and prettier. I love how the cloud is casting shadow.

This was the other side of my cobbler bowl the other night.

His allergies are back so he's passed out on allergy meds again. At least we found a dose that helps some without making him a total zombie.

"Look out for me oh muddy waters! Your mysteries are deep and wide." (Song from the play "Big River") We had a lot of rain the other day and the river behind the place where I work got large and muddy.

And our little river flowed briefly.

And the sky looked awesome!

And now, I must get some schoolwork done.

No comments: