Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I love where I live

Dad's boat died last weekend. Well, the outdrive died. I emailed him some options from CL but he was so busy with everything Haiti that he didn't have time to look at them 'til much later in the week. We were bummed because we were planning to go to the lake after church on Sunday and dad couldn't take his boat. Well, he and T went and looked at a "parts" boat Sat afternoon and hauled it home and had the outdrive off of it and on to dad's boat by 9 Sat eve! And it worked! We had a great time and pics will follow.

We were "gleaning" things off the parts boat and J piped up with, "Oh look! Dere's de fire exterminator!". Extinguisher/exterminator. So close. And then when we were heading back to the house he saw a toad and said, "I should take dat to school to digest it." Upon further questioning it was determined that the word he was searching for was "dissect". Digest/dissect. So close. This kid cracks us up!

A and P didn't go to the lake with us Sunday. It's probably the first time since we've had the boat that A didn't make it out there with us. They both work so much and P is in school and A will be starting soon, I guess they just wanted to be alone.

Both of our daughters are currently learning how to drive a vehicle with a standard transmission. I think that's hysterical. A friend has been teaching R and I've been teaching A. Both vehicles have been stalled repeatedly in the learning process. I think the girls are both getting the hang of it though.

And now the pics. I love this little face peeking at me through the door. Too cute!

This is how I do schoolwork if one of the cats is around. They think I learn best with one of them laying on my chest in the way of what I'm trying to read. I'm not so sure.

Yes, she still loves to get in the stroller and drink from her sippy cup. And no, we haven't sent the video to AFV yet.

She also loves the ironing board, not that she gets to see it very often.

I love that we live close to some beautiful lakes.

And that the "Old man of the sea" (or lake in this case) was able to get his boat going again.

J and his friend fishing off the bow of our boat.

Dad relaxing on his. It was a gorgeous day. Temps were just right.

The water is still down but not quite as low as it was. Look at the beautiful rock formation here. J was impressed with the echo it created.

The view from the other side of the rocks (and the top of J's head).

There were a few herons fishing over here. I love the contrasts of the blues and greens in the sky, land, water and reflections.

I love that I live where this morning sky...

...becomes this evening sky.

We get some pretty sunsets 'round here.

I love it here even when the oatmeal boils over in the microwave. And yes, I scraped it back into the bowl and ate it.

I love where I live because of the people here with me, even when they leave things like multi-function levers from their car on the computer desk. 'Cause everyone should have a multi-function lever on their desk.

And now I must go do some schoolwork. I wonder where those cats are?

No comments: