Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanking and sharing

J continues to crack us up with his command use of the English language and his understanding of the way things are. He was showing me his picture he drew of Sparticus and said, "He is one of dose guys whose hair go like dis (and he indicated a comb-over). It don't really cover any ting." The other day I used the words "rhetorical question" with him and he asked this morning if I had called Bampa and I said, "No. Why? Was I suppose to?" He said, "No. Dat was a retardedal question." Rhetorical/retardedal. So close.

He got into A's theatrical make-up last night (he had permission) and first just painted his lips and cheeks like a clown. Then he came out with indian war paint. He's been watching Bampa's John Wayne movies.

Speaking of Bampa, he's taking J golfing today. Should be interesting. He even got him a used set of golf clubs. If he takes any pics I will try to share.

A is having tonsil trouble again. She has an appointment with a surgeon in a couple weeks. School seems to be going pretty well for her. I haven't heard any complaints lately anyway. She is still enjoying her job too. And fishing. She and her bf are going fishing today and they asked T to go with them. Isn't that sweet?

For November's adoption awareness I'd like to share the blog of a family who has adopted 4 special needs children. They also have three bio boys. And she's spotlighting different families during the month of November too. I've never met her in person but I enjoy her blog. http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/

And my thankful list for this post. Let's see. I'm thankful for our local public school system and that they work so hard to meet J's needs and do the best they can with him. I'm thankful for heated seats in my car. I'm thankful for God's word and the ways He meets me where I am.

No comments: