Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November already?!?

What the heck happened to October? Seriously, it just flew by. But, welcome November! November is adoption awareness month. Adoption is a beautiful thing rolled up with a very traumatic thing. There is trauma on the birth parent's part and trauma to the child. In some cases the whole process is traumatic, like ours taking 4 years to complete. But it is a beautiful thing to. We have been blessed by adoption.

I plan to link to other sites dealing with adoption and orphan care through the month of November. One of my favs is The ApParent Project, http://www.apparentproject.org/ Shelley and Corrigan were house parents for J for about 9 months and we stayed with them when we were bringing J home. They work to help artisans make a living for themselves so they don't have to relinquish their children due to poverty (which is why most of the adoptable kids in Haiti are in orphanages). Check them out. Have a jewelry party or support their work.

I also plan to do thankful lists in each post in November. Look for that at the bottom of this post.

Now the pics. We had a sale and customer appreciation weekend where I work. I dressed up as a hippie chick, the owner was Puss, in Boots and J was Michael Jackson.

This is at the drive-through of the local bank the other day. Yes, that man is standing at the drive-thru window taking care of his banking business. The lobby was open. He could have walked around the corner and gone inside. Sir, it's a DRIVE-THRU. Whatever.

Diesel likes to cuddle up and get as close as he can and as comfy as he can each evening. He hears the footrest go up on my recliner and he's there. I love how his toes are curled in this pic.

And then when he gets too hot on my chest he moves to my head.

And back to my chest again.

And this is "Queen Sassy Cat" otherwise known as Misty. She is so sassy and so moody. Love her though.

My cousin posted on her blog about making her own laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent. I bought the ing today and plan to make some on Friday. I will let you know how it turns out.

And now my thankful list for today. I'm thankful for the beautiful sun that's out today. I'm thankful for my friends and family who love me. And I'm thankful for hot spiced tea now that the weather is cool enough to enjoy it.

No comments: