Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Earthquake

There was an earthquake in Haiti this afternoon just off the coast of Port-au-Prince. It was a 7 on the richter scale. The O where J used to live is reporting some damage and the kids are staying outside right now as the aftershocks keep coming and they don't want anything to fall on them inside. My dad, brother, nephew and some family friends are in Haiti right now. T is talking to his dad and they felt it in Cap Haitian (which is where our family members are) but everyone seems fine. Haven't heard from dad and co. yet. Please keep all in your prayers.

J had another first today. It was his first time at Chuck E Cheeses and he loved it. Chuck E cheeses is better than school anyday, right?

Tomorrow we head out for JT's graduation and the hotel. More firsts.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Hi, I was having a conversation with my sister about adoption and I find your blog by hitting the "next blog" button. My sister and her husband have a great interest in adopting. Do you have any advice,Ie: starting procedure, how to get started? They would like to adopt from Haiti. I read your most recent post that no current adoptions are being processsed until the children come to the United States. Any suggestions in the mean time?

Elisa said...

Hi, my sister and her husband are seriously considering adopting from Haiti. I told them I would help researching then I hit the "next blog" button and I found your blog. It is a sign! I know with current situation it may take longer until the children are brought to the United States, do you have any advice, suggestions of how to get started in the process?

Amy said...

Hello EOlivas, I wish I had a better suggestion for you but right now things are so out of whack with the earthquake that I don't know what to tell you. The O director suggested anyone interested should get their home study done and start putting a dossier together. I don't know how things will work if the kids are brought to the states on humanitarian parole without being matched to parents. Time will tell.

Amy