Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wowzer!

We have been unable to take a vacation or to sell a vehicle this summer. Those two items are inter-related. Sigh.... But we have had some fun along the way and some crazy busy times.

T is working on the ugly boat and nearly has it running. He never ceases to amaze me. It's still ugly but it has a new floor and we are working on that ugly part. Carpet and vinyl will go a long way towards making it not ugly.

J is sort of back to school this morning. He's at "camp" today. He gets his schedule, finds his locker, gets help opening it, finds his classes, etc. He was pumped and ready to go at 6:15 this morning. High school is a big deal. I cut his hair last night and I'm always a little nervous doing that. He loves it and proclaims it the best haircut ever and says he looks like Will Smith. I said, "Will Smith probably gets $100 hair cuts." And J said, "I know where to get it for free!" What a goober! But I'm relieved that he likes it.

A rode back to CO with R and JT and flew back home on Monday by herself. She navigated the airports just fine. She hit the ground running yesterday morning at work.

R and JT and T got here last Monday with the horses. Everyone is doing well except Dante can't believe that we expect him to forage for his own food. He keeps waiting for someone to give him hay. He's such a city horse. We had a nice time with the kids and had a baby shower for them. It was so much fun to watch R's stomach move around with the babies. Amazing at 4 1/2 months to see that. Nephews baby is due today and we had "the girls" lined up together for a pic. M is not much bigger than R. Ha! I will post a pic when I can.

I had a CT scan on this crazy wrist and there's a bone spur that's causing problems now. I'm trying to decide what to do. Gotta be able to hold those grandbabies when they get here!

How about a thankful list. Let's see; I 'm thankful for the promise of new life growing inside R and M. I'm thankful that J is pumped about high school. I'm thankful for our pets (most of the time). I'm thankful for our jobs. I'm thankful for God, family and friends.

No comments: